A job advertisement is a company internal or external announcement of a vacancy. It is the first step in a company's recruitment process.
A job advertisement includes the job title and a detailed description of the position. For HR professionals and recruiters, the job advert is also the first opportunity to present a positive employer brand, convince potential applicants of the company and the job, and create a positive candidate experience.
Although external job adverts are mainly posted on online job boards and the company's own career website, they may also published in print media.
A good job advertisement includes the following elements:
- Information about the company and employer brand
- Start date
- Detailed description of the tasks the new employee has to perform, usually as bullet points.
- Job profile for the specific position
- An idea of company culture, area of work and the opportunities for career development
- What the employee is expected to achieve
- Application documents required
- Contact person and contact details
Image: © Rawpixel, Ptich-ya, Margarita Tkachenko - shutterstock.com